Monday, August 10, 2009

Excellent Adventure Day 2-5

Well......sorry for the major blogging delay. Two things happened to prevent any blogging. First, I had internet access on Day 2, but not enough energy after a long hot day of riding to even think about opening the laptop. I know, I know......sorry, pathetic excuse. The rest of the time my excuse is a lack of internet access. That's my story and I'm stickin to it!

Day 2-- 503 miles

Day two was a sh&% and git kind of day. Our goal was to get to Shreveport, La, where we'd get a good nights sleep and the following day would be a short ride into Tyler, Tx. Tyler is where my X inlaws live. I'm not allowed to call them X........but for the purpose of clarity I'll stick with the X's. The day was an uneventful, unexciting, steamy hot run on the superslab kinda day. The only excitement we had was when I tried to give Mr. Happy a bath. He was very dirty from his day in saddle bag.....and he smelled a little like stale beer...probably due to last years explosion of a Corona bottle in the 110 degree heat. (note to self....no more beer in saddle bags)



Skipper complained that I was water boarding poor little Mr. Happy.....but REALLY I was just cleaning him up. I have him a nice shampoo........and spa treatment. I often get falsely accused of trying to injure Mr. Happy.


I asked Skip if there was anything interesting to see on I 20 between Birmingham, Al and Shreveport, La. She reported that there was nothing. Of course, she often says this sort of thing...but this time she really meant NOTHING! Lots of heat....for which we drank ridiculous amounts of water and gatorade.......and doused ourselves regularly. The cooling vests skipper got for us are working fabulously.

Days 3-5


These days were spent visiting friends and family in the Tyler and DFW area. We even had a special treat....meeting up with our friend and fellow motorcyclist Stormy. One thing we did learn is that a Harley Davidson motorcycle CAN pass the nickel test.
J. first demonstrated the nickel test on his awesome Valkyrie. He stood a nickel on its side, started the motorcycle and the nickel stood upright. Now whether this is a good thing has to do with the taste of the motorcyclist. Myself........I like a little rumble in my ride. So we decided to see is Skipper's Road Glide could pass the nickel test.



Get your motor running...........




Success!!!!


The nickel actually stood......we're still not sure how......but we have witnesses!

Tomorrow...Day 6 to Amarillo and the Big Texan......Yeeehaaawwww!!


No comments:

Post a Comment