Sunday, November 1, 2009

Kale??? What's Kale???

With the advent of my bi-weekly veggie boxes has come the necessity for a little kitchen creativity. Although I cook with a good many veggies on a regular basis, one veggie box contained some lettuce-y looking stuff that didn't taste so good. After sorting out the veggies against the packing list, I discovered it was red kale. What the h$%* is red kale and who would eat this stuff......cows perhaps??
After an internet search I found a kale and bean soup recipe courtesy of another blog:
http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2007/02/rustic-red-kale-and-white-bean-soup.html
I decided it was worth a shot......the vegans gave it rave reviews after all.

It was delicious!!!


And even better with a moose at the bottom...


When in Alaska..............

No comments:

Post a Comment